Le Sauce Park Forum Index du Forum
Le Sauce Park Forum
Forum de la Guilde Sauce Park

Le Sauce Park Forum Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Anime-Phobia? ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Sauce Park Forum Index du Forum -> Divers -> Aire de détente
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
varaco

MessagePosté le: Jeu 14 Juin - 11:02 (2018)    Sujet du message: Anime-Phobia? Répondre en citant

HI

Okay, I admit, I'm not a huge fan. In fact, I have probably seen only 15-20 Anime films in my whole life, most of which were aired at like 3 or 4 AM on the sci-fi channel between the summers of 1998-2000 when I was in college, and which had all the unsuitable-for-kids shit taken out. Some were pretty awful, some were good. 
Lately I have taken to renting the occassional Anime DVD when I can get my hands on one. My reasons are fairly simple. I particularly do not like, and are IMO extremely poorly done. I am a huge sci-fi fan, so most of the anime movies I have seen are sci-fi. The fact that these movies are drawn instead of filmed live-action does not bother me at all.
My wife, on the other hand, will not have any of this. Now, she said, "Do you know, why do you even pay for it?" but she will go out of her way to be exposed to it. I rented Akira some months ago and would not watch it with me, and would not like talk about it. I do not like Pokémon, what makes you think I'd like something like that? " I have found these comments fairly insulting, since Pokémon is a huge corporate moneymaking scheme which (I am pretty sure) originated with Nintendo and which happens to feature animated characters. Can it be considered Anime? It's from Nintendo, so who the hell knows. It might suck,
Since I rented Akira I had been kind of a ghost in the house until I saw the Ghost in The Shell at Blockbuster (Why they would not like their style.) And, having rented it for some time, rented it. My wife, again, refused to watch it with me. So I watched it alone, while she checked herself in the bedroom and watched her soap opera that she tapes every day. I thought Ghost in The Shell was awesome, especially since the DVD let me watch it in Japanese with english subtitles. I hate it when I have to watch Anime in English and the characters are completely shrill and high-pitched, and I find out later that they totally changed the dialogue to begin with. I do not know Japanese, but are compromised. 
Anyway, I told my wife that Ghost in The Shell was wicked cool, and she pretty much just ignored me. I am considering it again, since I fell asleep in the middle and do not know if I missed any of it. However, I'm not going to do it if it's going to alienate my wife. I told her it was not Pokémon, and she re-iterated her previous comments, saying she "likes her cartoons to be fun instead of complicated, where you might have to pay attention." How can I convince her that it is drawn, it is not a cartoon? It is more black film than a cartoon, at least to me.

Any help will be apprecited.

I did not find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=771243
Logistics Service Example

Thank you.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 14 Juin - 11:02 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Sauce Park Forum Index du Forum -> Divers -> Aire de détente Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Texno x0.3 © theme by Larme D'Ange 2006